Board of Directors Meeting Minutes October 2017
Reported by Gayle Hudson
Present: Patti Shannon-Hocker, Debbie Muth-Driggers, Lola Johnston, Gayle Hudson, Alan Throop, Larry Dimitri, Larry Muth, Lee Smith
Meeting called to order at 7:05 pm by Vice President – Patti Shannon-Hocker.
Upcoming Entertainment (Gayle Hudson)
- November: Channel Islands with Vaqueros del Mar and the San Jose Flipper Dippers
- December: No General Meeting
- January: [TBD]
- February: Paul Rosenblum – Indonesia
Please contact Gayle at email@example.com if you have any requests or suggestions for future entertainment.
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann – not present)
- No report
- Recurring Payments: Board to present motion for annual club fees at every September membership meeting. [This item is to permanently stay in meeting minutes.]
Membership (Debbie Muth-Driggers)
Director of Training (Dennis Hocker – not present)
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Larry said he needs access to our Square account to enable an application programming interface (APT), which will avoid dependence on third-party data (Square). API can handle all payments (membership, holiday party, etc.) from our site. Square will still be the interface the user sees, but all payments will be handled directly at our website and we would control history, payments, etc.
Newsletter (Lola Johnston)
Content is needed for the newsletter. All content is due by the 20th, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
Facebook: 118 members
Holiday Party: Date for the 2017 holiday party is set: December 9, 2017. La Cabana is confirmed.
- Alan reported on the progress for the party. Helga needs more donations.
- Please contact Alan if you are interested in assisting with planning of day-of party activities.
- Lola to set up the Holiday Party ticket sales on Square.
- Debbie to make name tags for the party.
- Ticket costs will be the same as last year.
- Advanced Tickets: $10/member or significant other, $15/guest, $3/child
- Day-of: $20/member or significant other, $25/guest, $5/child
- Officer Elections: Kat has volunteered to spearhead the election process for the Board. Elections will occur at the November general meeting and an announcement was made at the September general meeting.
- The offices of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership will be on the ballot. Even though Entertainment is an appointed position, Gayle suggested Entertainment be added to the ballot and anyone interested can write in their name and speak later with the Board.
- Jono, Patti, and Helga said they would all run again. At the October meeting Matt Warren said he also wants to run as President. Debbie and Larry have offered to split the duties of Membership if no new candidates present themselves.
- Kat Smith will prepare the ballots and Gayle was asked to recreate the slate on the screen for all members to see at the November meeting. Gayle will coordinate with Kat.
- Debbie suggested we add the move to Ricky’s on the ballot for the elections. It was agreed that will be a good idea.
- ATDC Website as Meetup Location: Lola believes the website can serve as a Meetup site. Gayle said that Meetup does serve to attract new members and will look into Meetup membership tiers to see if having a simple presence on Meetup is less expensive than scheduling Meetups, and if that is even an option. Gayle said that our Meetup subscription is $180.00 annually.
- Club Banner: Alan contacted Crown Trophy for quotes for a club banner. A 3’ x 3’ banner with grommets would cost $60.09. Maria said our original logo is of poor quality, having been rescanned many times. The logo Lola created for our website is a vector format and is ready to use across any platform or application.
- January Meeting: Jono and Patti are both unavailable for the January meeting. The Secretary cannot run the meeting as that person will be taking notes. It was decided to move the meeting to January 11.
- Club Dives:
- November 18: Breakwater. Alan volunteered as the POC.
- March 17, St. Patrick’s Day: location TBA. Patty volunteered as the POC.
- November 11 Retreat: It was decided to hold the retreat at La Cabana’s banquet room; the restaurant opens at 9 am and the facilities will be comfortable. Board members are to send topics to Jono for the agenda. The retreat is tentatively scheduled to finish at 2 pm.
- October 21-30: Dumaguete Philippines – contact Dennis Hocker
- November 11-18: Roatan Island, Honduras – contact Nancy Gearty
- November 18: Club Dive at Breakwater – POC Alan Throop
- December 2-3: Channel Islands Again – contact Nancy Gearty
- December 9: Club Holiday Party
- December 21 – Jan 6: 14th consecutive Cozumel Christmas in Mexico trip – POC Dennis Hocker – Divers are welcome to stay for part or all of the trip.
- March 17: Club Dive TBD – POC Patti Shannon-Hocker
- June 28 – July 8: Papua New Guinea – POC Dennis Hocker
- Next Membership meeting: November 2, 2017
- Next BOD meeting: November 16, 2017
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.