2019 Officer Elections
Are you interested in becoming more involved with the club? Would you like to meet more club members?
If you answered yes, please consider running for an officer position with the club for the coming year. Elected officers include the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Coordinator, and Director of Training. Officer nominations will be opened at the October general meeting and elections will occur during the November general meeting. Positions are held for one calendar year and start in January. All officers must be a regular member in good standing.
Please contact any of the current Board members if you would like more information regarding officer elections.
- President: In addition to being a regular member of the club, the President must also be a diver. The President is responsible for leading the monthly general meeting and maintaining the ATDC Constitution & Bylaws, as required. The President must attend membership and Board of Directors (BOD) meetings, along with processing incoming mail. They must also communicate club membership requirements to prospective members on Meetup.
- Vice President: In addition to being a regular member of the club, the Vice President must also be a diver. The Vice President is responsible for leading the monthly Board of Directors meetings and assuming the responsibilities of the President when necessary.
- Membership Coordinator: Must greet and host new members at club meetings, and maintain the membership roster. The Membership Coordinator must also collect membership dues and transfer those dues to the Treasurer, and obtain signed membership forms and waivers.
- Secretary: Responsible for recording meeting minutes at the general and Board of Directors meetings. Those minutes must be provided to the Newsletter editor for publishing before the content due date each month. The Secretary is also responsible for processing outgoing Club correspondence.
- Treasurer: Maintains the financial records and transactions for the Club, including the Club bank accounts and other financial instruments. The Treasurer is responsible for reporting the Club financial status at general and Board of Directors meetings, along with managing the Club post office box.
- Director of Training: In addition to being a regular member of the club, the Director of Training must also be a Certified SCUBA Instructor in good standing with their certifying agencies for courses taught and must have demonstrated effective interpersonal, safety, and teaching skills to the satisfaction of the Board. The Director of Training must be endorsed by the Board of Directors prior to the election. The Director of Training is authorized by the Board to provide diving, emergency responder, and related training to Club members and interested non-club members.