Board of Directors Meeting Minutes January 2018
Reported by Kari Klaboe
Present: Patti Shannon-Hocker, Lola Johnston, Gayle Hudson, Larry Muth, Kari Klaboe, Dennis Hocker, Elizabeth Gilroy, Helga Mahlmann, Larry Dimitri, Myran Gist
Meeting called to order at 7:10 pm by Vice President – Patti Shannon-Hocker.
Upcoming Entertainment (Gayle Hudson)
- February: Paul Rosenblum – Indonesia: A few of my favorite friends.
- March: Dennis Hocker – Dive Equipment Maintenance
- April: Bruce Watkins – Monterey Area Dive Sites (tentative)
Please contact Gayle at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any requests or suggestions for future entertainment.
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
- $1,893.12 in club classes account; $2,798.95 in club general account; net gain of $344 in 2017.
- Recurring Payments: Board to present motion for annual club fees at every September membership meeting. [This item is to permanently stay in meeting minutes.]
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy)
Membership dues announcement needs to be coordinated.
Director of Training (Dennis Hocker)
Rescue class tentatively planned for the fall (must have first aid, CPR, O2 admin before taking class) and Advanced Open Water class planned for later in the year
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
- Larry Dimitri is currently working on a method to incorporate Lola’s website into the site he is developing.
- The following items related to the revised website were discussed:
- The club would like to continue to have a Meetup presence, just for marketing the club.
- For now we will not focus on incorporating Facebook into our revised website.
- We will need to purchase an SSL certificate in order to host payments on our website. The Board voted and approved this purchase.
- We will discuss the club liability waiver at a later board meeting.
- We will continue to host the aquatutus.com website; however, we need to add a landing page notifying users that our page has officially moved to aquatutus.org.
Newsletter (Lola Johnston)
- Jim Driggers is assisting Lola with the newsletter.
- Content is needed for the newsletter. All content is due by the 20th, email email@example.com.
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
No significant updates for Meetup or Facebook.
- Club Banner: Board voted on a banner logo. Alan will get the banner printed for the club.
- Club Insurance: Topic discussed; however, no decisions made. To be discussed at the next Board meeting.
- Entertainment Duties: There is now an entertainment committee consisting of Gayle Hudson, Alan Throop, Dave Chervin, and Elaine Berger. Gayle and Alan will coordinate speakers. Gayle, Alan, and Dave will share the responsibility of the entertainment write up. Elaine will be the digital media host at general meetings.
- Aquatutus.com: Board voted to renew aquatutus.com for 5 years.
- SSL Certificate: Board voted to purchase an ssl certificate for the website to host payments.
- BMAL Position: Gayle to coordinate with Alan on reaching out to Jeff Doney about a BMAL fill in for him.
- New Diver Liaison: Kat has volunteered to be a new diver liaison for the club.
- Yelp Review: It was suggested that we post a yelp review for the club. The Board decided that we would pursue other marketing options instead of Yelp.
- Junior Open Water Divers: Kari notified the Board that a new diver contacted her requesting information on the January club dive. The new diver only had their Junior Open Water dive certificate. The Board decided that Junior Open Water divers can participate in club dives if they have a certified adult who attends and dives with them during the club dive. They also must have a parent or guardian sign the liability waiver.
- January 27: Club Dive at Lover’s Point Beach – POC Kari Klaboe
- February: TBD – POC Jono Dove
- March 17: Club Dive at Del Monte Beach – POC Patti Shannon-Hocker
- April 21: Kat’s Birthday Dive – POC Kat Smith
- June 23 – 24: Scuba Show in Long Beach
- June 28 – July 8: Papua New Guinea – POC Dennis Hocker
- July: TBD – POC Helga Mahlmann
- Next Membership meeting: February 1, 2018
- Next BOD meeting: February 15, 2018
Meeting adjourned at 9:06 pm.