Board of Directors Meeting Minutes July 2017
Reported by Gayle Hudson
Present: Patti Shannon, Lola Johnston, Larry Muth, Kari Klaboe, Dennis Hocker, Fritz Welss, Kat Smith, Larry Dimitri, Myran Gist, Helga Mahlmann, Gayle Hudson, Alan Throop, Mike Barrett
Meeting called to order at 7:12 pm by Vice President – Patti Shannon.
Upcoming Entertainment (Gayle Hudson)
- August: Members Night
- September or October: Clay Wiseman
- November: [TBD]
- December: No General Meeting
Please contact Gayle at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any requests or suggestions for future entertainment.
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
Account Balance: $4,392.48
Helga would like to place recurring fees, etc. on our debit card. Patti said we’ll have to vote on this at the General Meeting.
Membership (Debbie Muth-Driggers – not present)
75 regular members
Lola requested an article on Apple, our new lifetime member.
Director of Training (Dennis Hocker)
- Dennis received positive feedback on adding a training skill to club dives. Buoyancy will be the topic on July 29.
- Dennis encouraged members to dive with new divers at their level to build their skills.
- No specific training on the schedule. Contact Dennis if you want to request training.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Dive tag forms are not being filled out properly online and new members are not showing up at meetings to pick the dive tags up. The Board agreed that dive tags are to be picked up at the general meeting, a downloadable form will be provided on the website, and the online form will be removed from the website.
Newsletter (Lola Johnston)
Content is due by the 20th, email email@example.com.
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
Meetup: 54 members, 27 pending
Facebook: 83 members
Holiday Party: Date for the 2017 holiday party is set: December 9, 2017. La Cabana is confirmed.
Helga announced Cen-Cal will be moving from a paper newsletter to an online newsletter via email.
Board Retreat: Will be addressed in August.
ATDC at Ricky’s Sports Bar: The Board discussed the facilities available to ATDC. Discussion ensued. Dennis proposed we begin in January if we decide to move to Ricky’s and suggested we consider also changing club meetings to Wednesday if we move to Ricky’s to avoid conflicts with athletic games. The room can hold up to 90 people.
Free Seminar (7/22/2017): Saturday night at 6 pm, Backscatter has a free seminar on tracking lighting for sills and video.
- July 29: Club Dive at Lover’s 2 in Pacific Grove – POC Kat Smith
- August 19: Silver Prince boat dive in Monterey – POC Kat Smith
- September 9-12: Channel Islands with VDM – POC Alan Throop
- September 29: Dive and Camp Gerstle Cove/Salt Point – Contact Nancy Gearty
- November 11-18: Roatan Island, Honduras – Contact Nancy Gearty
- December 2: Channel Islands Again – Contact Nancy Gearty
- December 9: Club Holiday Party
- December 21 – Jan 6: 14th consecutive Cozumel Christmas in Mexico trip – POC Dennis Hocker – Divers are welcome to stay for part or all of the trip.
- June 28 – July 8: Papua New Guinea – POC Dennis Hocker
- Next Membership meeting: August 3, 2017
- Next BOD meeting: August 17, 2017
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm.