Board of Directors Meeting Minutes April 2018
Reported by Jono Dove
11 members present, Guest Jenn
Meeting called to order by Vice President Patti Shannon-Hocker at Rickys Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:02 pm
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
Club Account: $5,188.32
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy)
46 regular members, 9 lifetime members, and 7 associate members
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- Advanced Open Water class
Academics in August 2, 14, 21, 28th at Dennis Hocker’s House in Newark, and a with weekend at Lake Tahoe Sept 8/9. September 15 – makeup dives in Monterey. Cost of class is $150 for paid club members. Includes registration and certification fee. $200 for non-club members.
- If any interest in training agenda: First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider- please contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rescue Diver class this Fall (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 email@example.com or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter (Lola Johnston)
Contact Lola at email@example.com if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
Facebook: 136 Members. Participation is open to the public.
Meetup: 77 Members, 25 Pending. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website.
Dave Chervin, Alan Throop, and Bill Chanook has joined the entertainment committee. We look forward to their participation.
May: Jan Freiwald, PhD – Reef Check California
June: Members Photo Night
July 12: Back Scatter will present on Shooting compact photo systems
August: Brian Nelson will present on Monterey Bay Sanctuary
October: Members Night 2
December: club Holiday Party
- Liability Insurance: Kari reached out to CenCal for information on liability insurance. She is looking forward to a response
- Entertainment Committee lead for 2019 – Gayle Hudson would like to help train her replacement. Volunteer now… Gayle will help to train.
- Celebration of Life for Art Haselton: 2 pm on June 16 in Asilomar, CA. Please RSVP with Lynn Morton
- Urchin Removal – a cabin has been reserved for club members; contact Bill Chanook for potential availability.
- Point Lobos Club Dive – a concern was brought to the board’s attention regarding the April Club Dive. Any and all members are welcome to participate as a POC for Club Dives. Board of Directors will work to ensure there is at least one Club Dive a month – but we encourage more diving and welcome members at large to step forward to volunteer as Point of Contact (POC) for Club Dives. You may volunteer as POC during club or board meetings, or by emailing email@example.com
- Al Costa Divers has invited Aqua Tutus members to join them at their next general meeting: June 4th, 7:30 pm, Orinda Library. Topic of discussion – Equipment Maintenance led by Jim Steele
- John Amador – North Coast Sea Otter Dive Club: spearfishing, free divers, and photography – potentially interested in collaborating in a North Coast scuba dive
- Board Member at Large: Elections for Board Member at Large will be discussed at the May Meeting and voted upon in June. Interested members should speak to any Aqua Tutus Dive Club board member or officer.
April 21: Kats Birthday Dive at Whalers Cove: Kat will be celebrating her birthday weekend in Monterey. Come, celebrate, and dive!
May 25-27: Club Dive: North Coast Urchin Removal, POC Bill Chinnock
June 23 and 24: Long Beach Scuba Show – www.scubashow2018.com
June 28-July 8: Papua New Guinea – contact Dennis Hocker
Sept 8-12: Reservations open in May for VDM – Northern Channel Islands: Vaqueros Del Mar Dive – $600 for three days on the Conception – contact Bill Delimeter (925) 455-6834
December 20, 2018 to January 5, 2019: Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel – come for all, part, or even more of the trip.
June 22 – July 6: Chuuk Lagoon 2019: The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out
Next General Membership meeting: May 3, 2018
Board Meeting: May 17, 2018
Meeting adjourned at 7:58 pm