Board of Directors Meeting Minutes – June 2018
Reported by Kari Klaboe
12 members present
Meeting called to order by Vice President Patti Shannon-Hocker at Rickys Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:00 pm
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
- Club Account: $4,881.12
- Motion for two checks, one for Cencal for $210 and one for Helga for $11.46 for a receipt book. Motion passed.
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy – Not present)
- 59 regular members, 5 associate, 9 lifetime members
- Discuss at next meeting distributing club roster.
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- Advanced Open Water class
Academics in August 2, 14, 21, 28th at Dennis Hocker’s House in Newark, and a with weekend at Lake Tahoe Sept 8/9. September 15 – makeup dives in Monterey. Cost of class is $150 for paid club members. Includes registration and certification fee. $200 for non-club members.
- August 18 is an entry and exit dive for the Advanced Open Water class
- If any interest in training agenda: First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider- please contact Dennis at: email@example.com
- Rescue Diver class this Fall (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 firstname.lastname@example.org or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 email@example.com.
Newsletter (Alan Throop – Lola Johnston)
- Contact Alan or Lola at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
- Alan has taken over the newsletter.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to email@example.com
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
- Facebook: 145 Members. Participation is open to the public.
- Meetup: 80 Members. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website. Please ensure you are paid for 2018 dues, otherwise you will be dropped from Meetup.
July 12: Back Scatter will present on Shooting compact photo systems
August: Brian Nelson will present on Monterey Bay Sanctuary
September: Wild Oyster Project
October: Members Night 2
December: Club Holiday Party at La Cabana, Newark, CA
- Liability Insurance: CenCal is public slip and fall insurance and does not cover dive related activities. Cost is approximately $150/year and would cover public club activities (on land)
– Helga to reach out to Cencal to get insurance policy
– Discussed developing a standard message to add to club dive descriptions and emails. Dennis to write message
– Lola to add standard message to website calendar
– Motion made by Larry for the Board to recommend purchasing the Cencal insurance. Seconded. Passed.
- Entertainment Committee lead for 2019 – Gayle Hudson would like to help train her replacement. Volunteer now… Gayle will help to train.
- Albion urchin removal event: DL to be POC.
- Alan is investigating purchasing a wireless lapel mic for presenters.
May 25-27: Club Dive: North Coast Urchin Removal, POC Bill Chinnock
June 4: Alacosta Divers Meeting – 7:30 pm at the Orinda Public Library Garden Room, walking distance from the Orinda BART station
June 16: Club Dive: Breakwater, Monterey, CA 9:00 am POC Kari Kalboe
June 23 and 24: Long Beach Scuba Show – www.scubashow2018.com
June 28-July 8: Papua New Guinea – contact Dennis Hocker
July 14: Club Dive – Del Monte Beach POC – Elizabeth Gilroy
August 18: Club Dive Monterey, CA Location TBD Dennis Hocker POC
Sept 8-12: Reservations open in May for VDM – Northern Channel Islands: Vaqueros Del Mar Dive – $600 for three days on the Conception – contact Bill Delimeter (925) 455-6834
September 15: Club Dive: Monterey Sea Otters – Beach Cleanup Dive, POC Gail Hudson
October: Dive and Ghost Tour, Monterey, CA – Helga Mahlman POC
December 20, 2018 to January 5, 2019: Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel – come for all, part, or even more of the trip.
June 22 – July 6: Chuuk Lagoon 2019: The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out
Next General Membership meeting: July 12, 2018
Board Meeting: July 19, 2018
Meeting adjourned at 8:11 pm