Board of Directors Meeting Minutes May 2018
Reported by Jono Dove
9 members present
Meeting called to order by Vice President Patti Shannon-Hocker at Rickys Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:03 pm
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
Club Account: $4,629.94
$100.03 in presenter meals paid to Gail Hudson
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy)
55 regular members, 7 associate, 9 lifetime members
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- Advanced Open Water class
Academics in August 2, 14, 21, 28th at Dennis Hocker’s House in Newark, and a with weekend at Lake Tahoe Sept 8/9. September 15 – makeup dives in Monterey. Cost of class is $150 for paid club members. Includes registration and certification fee. $200 for non-club members.
- If any interest in training agenda: First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider- please contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rescue Diver class this Fall (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 email@example.com or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter (Lola Johnston)
Contact Lola at email@example.com if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
Facebook: 135 Members. Participation is open to the public.
Meetup: 76 Members, 25 Pending. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website. Please ensure you are paid for 2018 dues, otherwise you will be dropped from Meetup.
June: Members Photo Night
July 12: Back Scatter will present on Shooting compact photo systems
August: Brian Nelson will present on Monterey Bay Sanctuary
October: Members Night 2
December: Club Holiday Party at La Cabana, Newark, CA
- Liability Insurance: CenCal is public slip and fall insurance and does not cover dive related activities. Cost is approximately $150/year and would cover public club activities (on land)
- Entertainment Committee lead for 2019 – Gayle Hudson would like to help train her replacement. Volunteer now… Gayle will help to train.
- Celebration of Life for Art Haselton: 2 pm on June 16 in Asilomar, CA. Please RSVP with Lynn Morton
- Board Member at Large: Elections for Board Member at Large will be discussed at the May Meeting and voted upon in June. Interested members should speak to any Aqua Tutus Dive Club board member or officer.
May 25-27: Club Dive: North Coast Urchin Removal, POC Bill Chinnock
June 4: Alacosta Divers Meeting – 7:30 pm at the Orinda Public Library Garden Room, walking distance from the Orinda BART station
June 16: Club Dive: Breakwater, Monterey, CA 9:00 am POC Kari Kalboe
June 23 and 24: Long Beach Scuba Show – www.scubashow2018.com
June 28-July 8: Papua New Guinea – contact Dennis Hocker
July 14: Club Dive – Del Monte Beach POC – Elizabeth Gilroy
August 18: Club Dive Monterey, CA Location TBD Dennis Hocker POC
Sept 8-12: Reservations open in May for VDM – Northern Channel Islands: Vaqueros Del Mar Dive – $600 for three days on the Conception – contact Bill Delimeter (925) 455-6834
September 15: Club Dive: Monterey Sea Otters – Beach Cleanup Dive, POC Gail Hudson
December 20, 2018 to January 5, 2019: Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel – come for all, part, or even more of the trip.
June 22 – July 6: Chuuk Lagoon 2019: The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out
Next General Membership meeting: June 7, 2018
Board Meeting: June 21, 2018
Meeting adjourned at 7:46 pm