Board of Directors Meeting Minutes September 2018
Reported by Jono Dove
Meeting called to order by Vice President Patti Shannon-Hocker at Ricky’s Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:03 pm
10 members present
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
- Club Assets: $4,628.64
- Classes: $1,278.21
- General Fund: $3,250.43
- $150.00 paid towards liability insurance
- $464.91 paid towards Advanced Open Water Class material fees
- $2.92 Square credit card processing fees
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy – not present)
- 82 members
- 6 associate
- 8 lifetime members
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- If any interest in training agenda: First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider- please contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rescue Diver class will be offered in 2019 (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 email@example.com or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter (Alan Throop)
Contact Alan at email@example.com if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
- Facebook: 165 Members. Participation is open to the public.
- Meetup: 65 Members. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website.
Entertainment (Alan Throop and Dave Chervin)
- October: Paulina Salinas Ruiz, Fish in Strange Places
- November: Members Night 2
- December: No meeting – Holiday Party at La Cabana (Newark, CA)
- January 10 (Note alternate meeting time): Presenter TBD
- February: David McGuire, Shark Stewards
The club is soliciting interested individuals wanting to participate in helping with the annual holiday party. We are looking for donations of raffle items, a disc jockey, and volunteers to help out at the party.
- Board Retreat scheduled for November 18, 9 am
- The board discussed general meeting timing and scheduling – comments have been received about meetings being rushed.
- Kari brought a sample laptop
- October 27 Club Dive: Location Lover’s Cove, POC Helga Mahlmann, 9 am
- November 10 Club Dive: Location TBD, POC Kat Smith
- Veterans Day weekend of Diving:
- Saturday Night Dive at Breakwater
- Sunday Brunch Dive, 9 am at Coral Street
- Monday, Point Lobos Dive
- Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel: December 20, 2018 to January 5, 2019
- Chuuk Lagoon 2019 – The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out
- Indonesia 2020 – May 8-18 on Explorer Adventures Blue Manta – Spaces are still available
- Next General Membership meeting: October 4, 2018
- Board Meeting October 18, 2018
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 pm