Board of Directors Minutes July 2018
Reported by Jono Dove
13 members present
Meeting called to order by Vice President Patti Shannon-Hocker at Rickys Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:03pm
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
- Club Assets: $5,073.82
- Classes: $1,893.12
- General Fund: $3,070.70
- CenCal is due $150.00 for 10 new members from June/July 2018
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy – Not present)
55 members, 7 associate, 9 lifetime members
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- Advanced Open Water class Academics in August 2, 14, 21, 28th at Dennis Hocker’s House in Newark, and a with weekend at Lake Tahoe Sept 8/9. Cost of class is $150 for paid club members. Includes registration and certification fee. $200 for non-club members.
- If any interest in training agenda: First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider- please contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rescue Diver class this Fall (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 email@example.com or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter (Alan Throop/Lola Johnston)
Contact Alan and Lola at email@example.com if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
- Facebook: 165 Members. Participation is open to the public.
- Meetup: 65 Members. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website.
Thanks to Alan Throop and Dave Chervin.
- August: Brian Nelson will present on Monterey Bay Sanctuary
- September: Wild Oyster Project
- October: TBD
- November: TBD
- December: No meeting – Holiday Party at La Cabana (Newark, CA)
- January: TBD
- February: TBD
- Liability Insurance
- Helga has been in touch with CenCal and is working on pricing for slip and fall insurance.
- Communications are being examined to ensure it is clear that divers are responsible for themselves on club dives.
- Holiday Party
The club is soliciting interested individuals wanting to participate in helping with the annual holiday party. We are looking for donations of raffle items, a disc jockey, and volunteers to help out at the party.
- Aloha Joe Timmons, an Aqua Tutus club member passed away on July 16, 2018 in an automobile accident while on an annual motorcycle ride he partook every year.
- A celebration of life is being organized for September 15th in Monterey, CA following the club dive.
- Board Officer nominations will open in September. The officers of Aqua Tutus encourage interested individuals to share their desire so that responsibilities can be shared and there is an opportunity to allow for smooth transitions.
- August 18: Club Dive Monterey, CA Dennis Hocker POC
- Reservations open for VDM – Northern Channel Islands: Sept 8-12 Vaqueros Del Mar Dive – typically $600 for three days on the Conception.
- September 15 Club Dive: Monterey Sea Otters – Beach Cleanup Dive, POC Gail Hudson
- October 27 Club Dive: Location TBD, POC Helga Mehlman
- November 10 Club Dive: Location TBD, POC Kat Smith
- Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel: Before Christmas, 2018 to Friday after New Years 2019
- Chuuk Lagoon 2019 – The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out
- Next General Membership meeting: August 2, 2018
- Board Meeting August 16, 2018
Meeting adjourned at 8:16 pm