- This event has passed.
Club Dive April 2018
April 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for a day of diving in Whaler’ s Cove at Pt. Lobos.
Reservations are required for 2 person dive teams. Because leaving is difficult please bring your meal/snacks with you. Reservations for 2 person dive teams are 30.00 and then an additional 10.00 per car. Please make reservations here.
Member RSVP: Meetup
The rules for diving at PT Lobos are here.
SCUBA Diving and Snorkeling
- The Reserve extends off the coast to include the underwater world of the Point Lobos State Marine Reserve which can only be explored by certified divers. This is one of the richest marine habitats in California. Its animals and plants are fully protected by state law from any disturbance.
- In the subdued light of the 70 foot-high kelp forests, divers can explore a world of vibrant color and an array of animals such as lingcod, rockfish, harbor seals and sea otters.
- Diving is permitted only at Whalers and Bluefish Coves. Proof of certification is required. Permission to dive is provided upon entering the Reserve. Reservations are recommended for the weekdays and are a must for weekends and holidays.
Important Reserve Information
The following rules and regulations are for your own safety and to protect the plants and animals that live in the Reserve.
- No Pets: Pets are not allowed anywhere within the reserve and cannot be left inside parked vehicles.
- No Bikes on Trails: Bikes are prohibited on all trails in the reserve, but are welcome on the pavement.
- No Collecting: Shells, rocks, wood, plants, animals and all features of the reserve are protected by law.
- No Smoking or Fires: Smoking and fires of all types are prohibited.
- No Camping: The reserve is strictly a Day Use facility and all visitors must exit by closing time.
- No Drones