General Meeting Minutes October 2018
Reported by Jono Dove
Meeting called to order by Vice President Kari Klaboe at Rickys Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:31 pm
Speaker: Paulina Salinas-Ruiz, “Strange Fish in Weird Places”
45 members present
Vaqueros Del Mar Dive Club
Vicky and Doug Bell
Gladys and Bill Delameter ($Bill)
Devin (joined ATDC that night)
Entertainment (Gayle Hudson)
- November 8 Special Night – Members Night #2 – please submit photos on flash drive to Gayle Hudson at least a week in advance
- December 8 – No Meeting – Club Holiday Party – Purchase dinner and raffle tickets online at www.aquatutus.org
- January 10 Special Night – Presenter TBD
- February 7 – David McGuire, Shark Stewards
Please check Meetup and the Aqua Tooter for entertainment updates. If you have any requests or suggestions for future entertainment, let us know at email@example.com!
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
- Club Account: $4,663
- 2,028.21 for classes
- 3,470.33 for general account
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy)
94 active members
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider class will commence in first part of December – please contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
- Rescue Diver class in 2019 (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 email@example.com or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter (Alan Throop)
Contact Alan at email@example.com if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
Meetup: 73 Members. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website.
- Liability Insurance – the club will be purchasing non-water based liability insurance at $150/year
- Holiday Party is accepting volunteers – contact Alan Throop
- Tickets are available at aquatutus.org
- Correction: Helga moved to cover speakers expenses, up to $25 for those coming less than 50 miles, and $50 for 50 miles or more. Seconded by DL Popplewell. Club voted affirmative
- An online survey will be sent to club members – please watch your inbox and complete the survey to assist our club
- Alan Throop moved that $100 is made available for purchases towards raffle prizes at the Club Holiday party. The motion was seconded, and approved by the general membership.
- Helga Mahlman was nominated as Treasurer of the board for next month’s upcoming officer elections
- Mike Barrett went diving in Catalina
- Mike Barrett, Bo Peng, and Oliver Edwards went diving off North Monastery; They noted the kelp was patchy and inconsistent.
- Mike Barrett went diving in Lake Tahoe
- Gayle Hudson and Baerbel Sterling dove Breakwater wall and then the Metridium field
- Linda Phillips and DL Popplewell dove Breakwater wall. They had a calm water entry and a rough water exit. At least one diver got knocked down and her regulator was filled with sand.
- Dave Chervin dove Westin Reef outside Point Lobos. One diver experienced an Out of Gas emergency at 30 FSW. He made a free ascent to the surface with no reported injuries.
Upcoming Activity and Dives
- Saturday, October 27, at Lover’s, POC Helga Mahlman, followed by dry tour of Monterey Hyperbaric Chamber At 3 pm
- Club Dive, November 10, POC Smith – Actually a club dive weekend by Kat: November 10, Night dive, meet at 4:30 pm, at Breakwater; November 11, meet at 9 am at Coral Street; November 12, 9 am at Point Lobos (team reservations required)
- December 8 at 7:00 pm, Club Holiday Party – La Cabana Restaurant, 7163 Rich Ave, Newark, CA 94560. Bring presents for your guests, and an appetite for The Hokey Pokey, The Chicken Dance, and other classics
- Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel: Before Christmas, 2018 to Friday after New Years 2019
- Chuuk Lagoon – The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out. POC Dennis Hocker
- Maumere – Komodo – Bima, Indonesia aboard the Explorer Adventure Blue Manta. POC Dennis Hocker
- Next BOD meeting: October 18, 2018
- Next General Membership meeting: November 8, 2018