General Meeting Minutes September 2018
Reported by Jono Dove
Meeting called to order by Vice President Kari Klaboe at Rickys Sports Bar and Grill in San Leandro, CA at 7:33 pm
Speaker: Linda Hunter, “The Wild Oyster Project”
45 members present
Rich and Matthew
Vita, Dylan, and Lindsey
Brendan and Kara
Entertainment (Gayle Hudson)
- October 4 – “Strange Fish in Weird Places” Paulina Salinas Ruiz
- November 8 Special Night – Members Night #2 – please submit photos on flash drive to Gayle Hudson at least a week in advance
Please check Meetup and the Aqua Tooter for entertainment updates. If you have any requests or suggestions for future entertainment, let us know at email@example.com!
Treasurer’s Report (Helga Mahlmann)
- Club Account: $4,663
- 1,892.12 for classes
- 3,208.43 for general account
Membership (Elizabeth Gilroy)
No report available
Training (Dennis Hocker)
- Advanced Open Water class is completed:
- Linda Phillips
- David Schooley
- If any interest in training agenda: First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 provider- please contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rescue Diver class this Fall (CPR and O2 provider required)
For more information on training contact Dennis Hocker at (510) 792-5606 email@example.com or Neil Benjamin at (510) 673-0073 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter (Alan Throop)
Contact Alan at email@example.com if you are not receiving the newsletter. Input due by the 20th of the month.
Web Goddess (Lola Johnston)
Content can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media (Gayle Hudson)
Meetup: 73 Members. Participation is limited to club members. Meetup instructions are available on our website.
- Liability Insurance – the club will be purchasing non-water based liability insurance at $150/year
- Holiday Party is accepting volunteers – contact Alan Throop
- Tickets are available at aquatutus.org
September 29/30: Urchin removal event at Ocean Cove: contact DL Popplewell about participating in a cabin rental over the weekend. You will need a fishing license for the event per California Fish and Game rules.
- A club photographer was identified as Linda Phillips.
- Recurring fees for PO Box, Web Hosting – motion to spend $700 on recurring fees, motion by Oliver Edwards, seconded by Neil Benjamin. Club voted affirmatively
- Helga moved to cover speakers expenses, up to $25 for those coming from within 25 miles, and $50 for 50 miles or more. Seconded by DL Popplewell. Club voted affirmative
- Larry Dimitri went diving in Hawaii – tethered off boat above 3,000 foot canyon. Larry got inked by a squid and had fun.
- Matt, Linda, and DL went diving at North Monastery. They found friendly fish and were impressed.
- Dave Chervin went to the North Coast, Gerstle Cove. Abalone were devastated. So was Dave.
Upcoming Activity and Dives
- Channel Islands VDM on the Vision September 8/9
- Club Dive, San Carlos Beach – September 15 – 8:30am
- Memorial for Joe Timmons, 2 pm, at San Carlos Beach
- Saturday, October 27, location TBD followed by dry tour of Monterey Hyperbaric Chamber At 3 pm, followed by Ghost Tour of Monterey
- Club Dive, November 10, POC Smith
- Annual Pilgrimage to Cozumel: Before Christmas, 2018 to Friday after New Years 2019
- Chuuk Lagoon – The waiting list is now open – all spots are sold out
- Next BOD meeting: September 17, 2018
- Next General Membership meeting: October , 2018
Meeting adjourned at 9:14 pm